Monday, November 24, 2014

Day 9 of my 45 Day Journey

Good Day Everyone,

I went to a funeral Saturday.  I haven't been to funeral in like five years.  Last year during my incapacitation due to the car accident, I had three very dear people die and I was unable to attend their closing.  I love that they called the "event" today the Celebration of this person's life, but I have to say that it was anything, but that.  It has been a long time since I have been in a church and you know what? I don't miss it.  I love the magic I live every day.

The church was cold (and yes, I know it is expensive to heat a church), but that feels unwelcoming.  The church's set up was one where to enter the "pew" (I don't even know if that is the spelling of the word) you had to open the gate.  Now I don't know the real meaning for that, but it made you feel like it was a privilege to enter the gate and then the altar was up on where you were lower.  I really have to say that the messages that I felt there were anything, but welcoming and love.  I did however, enjoy some of the passages that were read and if I could remember any of them, I would share them with you.  Of course what I loved about it, was the symbolic meaning of the words spoken--not the meaning that I am sure the church wishes for all to believe. 

Anyway, I have to say that I have been trying to write my blog since Saturday night and I kept getting interrupted by life and then there was Sunday.  Good weather by far beats out sitting in front of computer anytime besides it is a great way to change the energy to a positive one.  It is great way to clear away negative by switching it up a bit. 

I found that sitting idle at home made for me to think of things that made me sad--think about the things I do not have, things I have longed for, things I have waited for that have not yet arrived.  The best way for me to refocus was to go outside by the beach and sit on a rock and breathe.


No comments:

Post a Comment