Friday, February 8, 2013

Inspirational Snippet: Fall in Love with Yourself

I wrote an article several years about about how it was the first time that I truly saw the physical beauty of who I am. As you all know, I have been on my path for a long time and I found the fountain of youth, the key to happiness and the releasing of stress in your is falling in love with yourself.  It is what makes everything in life seem easier, lighter and brighter.  I've been on this journey of healing for years and the first major experience of falling in love with me was just prior to my 32nd birthday. (Mind you that I had worked a lot on loving me unconditionally without judgment--you know that voice in our head that negates all the positive things we say or do about ourself--I was able to quiet it!).  I couldn't wait to celebrate being me and being alive. How truly magical and amazing it is for me (and can be and is for you)!  What I found was that the journey of loving oneself has a great deals of trials and tribulations, but ecstasy and joy as well.  I also find that the more I love myself, the more I discover to love about myself.  Since, I fell in love with me, I realized there is so much more to love and every year or so I find a new reason to fall in love with me.  For example, last year I found a love for painting and I was so proud of my ability.  You maybe asking why does that make me fall in love with me? It shows me how much I have grown: I was intimidated by a blank canvas and the idea that it had to be perfect so I never did it.  And now, that I don't have that judgment that things have to be perfect, I just paint and I love what I create.

Onto a quote that I found several years ago and I love...

"The time will come, when, with elation, I will greet myself arriving at my own door, in my own mirror. And each will smile at the other's welcome, and say, "Sit. Here. Eat. Relax." I will love again this stranger who is my Self. Give wine. Give bread. Give back my heart, to itself, to this stranger who has loved me all of my life. Whom I ignored for another, but who knows me by heart. Take down the love letters from the bookshelf, the photographs and the desperate notes. Peel my self-image from the mirror. Sit. Here. Now. Feast on my life. Fall in love again with my self and with all of life." ~ Derek Walcott

My question for you is have you fallen in love with yourself lately?  I can answer you honestly that I have...the love of yourself is a lifelong romance that only gets better and better. I can't wait to discover something new for me.....what new thing will you discover about yourself if you took the time to look?  And if you are just beginning the journey and are ready to begin that romance, what do you think it will take for you to fall in love with you?

My wish for you today is to begin the romance of falling in love with you, and see the magic you can and will discover that is YOU!!!

Love to you,
EstaRa

No comments:

Post a Comment