Saturday, December 8, 2012

Happy Hannukah, My Friends

Hanukkah Begins tonight...

As many of you know, I was raised Catholic; however, since "reopening/awakening" several years ago, my soul has called me back to ancient roots of Judaism.  I began to study Judaism and boy did the floodgates open as I began to recall many past lives when I was Jewish.  They have been such powerful lifetimes for me.  I remember the first time I went to a Synagogue, after I "RE-Membered"  I started saying the Hebrew Prayers (sounded very much natural as the people around me commented on it) like I knew them and I felt "my wings" open up wide. It was the first time, I felt my "wings"...I felt larger than life.  I felt alive with the ancient language of Hebrew--then I knew I found the language of my soul.  However, as you also may or may not know: I don't consider myself any one specific religion--I truly believe first and foremost I AM part of everything. I AM part of all that is and I AM  all of it.  So I celebrate everything that is part of me which is LIGHT, LOVE and PEACE. This time of year, I do, celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas as they both resonate deeply within my soul and for me I don't feel complete if I celebrate one without the other.


During this Festival of Lights, I will light my menorah tonight and each of the eight nights of the holiday in honor of lighting the way of peace, remembrance of union and love. The miracle of Hanukkah was that of
light.  Let this holiday be a reminder for those who are Jewish and those who are not that just as the light was the miracle then---so too is light the miracle NOW. Shine your light, for that is who you are so that you too will see the miracles coming your way. There is no requirement to light a candle be a certain religion/person/thing for you (each of you)  are the light and the way.
 
 Happy Hanukkah, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment