Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Love Your Body, Pamper Your Body, Heal Your Body

While cooped up in my apartment after my car accident, I discovered many beautiful things.  One was a big box of body pampering goodies.  The box arrived the day after my accident from a dear friend, she had mailed it to me in time for Valentine's Day as a gift!    My friend brought it upstairs and we left it on the floor in a corner by my desk.

I have to say it was a treat to "find" the box about a month and half after it was delivered. I was so excited to open my box of goodies.  Oh my--were they ever a box of goodies.  A very dear soul and friend of mine, Llisa, has been making homemade soaps for sometime now; and just recently she decided to start a new business and get more creative by making more than just soap.  These products are amazing!  She uses top quality, organic ingredients to make her products in her home in Maine. She uses pure essential oils that are not only great for your body and healing, but safe for you and the environment. So not only are they incredible, but they are local to New England and amazing.

So let me tell you a little about what products she sent and my experience with them. One of my favorite things was a heart shaped soap of Lavender, you all know me and hearts, so I was already won over by the shape, but it smelled just as good as it looked.  The scent last through the entire time I had the bar.    A couple other soap scents that she sent along were:  Lavender & Patchouli, Palmarosa, Orange, Patchouli & Petitgrain, Grapefruit, Orange and Balsam. These soaps seem to last much longer than soaps I have purchased in the past and the scent lasts too. These soaps are so worth getting because of their many healing benefits with regard to the Essential Oils alone, and how they heal/balance/help you mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually; but the fact that these are homemade with Real, Pure, Natural, Organic Ingredients without the "preservatives" (that major mass marketing companies use to make them last longer) makes them better for body, mind and soul!   As to which soap you should buy, well that is a question to ask yourself in terms of what you want to feel/experience.  For example:  Lavender Essential Oil is so great for the soul.  It can uplift you by providing balance as well as calm you during times of stress, whereas, Patchouli is great for improving dry, cracked skin amongst grounding and balancing you.  I also got a sample of her Flower Power Body Powder which is wonderfully smelling and silky feeling.  It is a great alternative to body powders that use Talc as their base.  There are all kinds of connections to health issues related to use of talcum powders besides who doesn't want to smell amazing scents that are non-toxic?  Llisa also sent along some sweet smelling bath tea, but I have not yet been able to use it due to my body in recovery--getting in and out of tub right now is not exactly easy to do.  However, I can't wait to use it in the future.  It really is as easy as filling the tub with hot water, adding the teabag to it and enjoy being cooked with everything nice.

Okay so I told you all about the first few products that I love and enjoy using, but the number one thing that I think I love the most is her Whipped  Avocado Body Butter with the scent of lemongrass essential oil.  OMG--it is amazing! It is probably one of the best things I have let my body experience.  Not only is this luxurious to your skin, but it is extremely cleansing and healing to your lymphatic system.  Your Lymph system is not often talked about until you have a problem with it, such as cancer that impacts your lymph nodes.  But, did you know that virtually every part of your body is covered in lymph tissue/fluid?  So using this product not only smells great, feels great but it is assisting your body to cleanse the lymph system through the Lemongrass Oil (which is known as a lymph detoxifier amongst other things).  As an fyi--every injury to your body injures your lymph system so it is really important to keep it healthy.  For me, this is helping to heal my car accident more than I may even know!  This product I call my new happy!

So needless to say, this box of goodies was a box full of love-your-body pampering.  Not only were the scents heavenly, but the powder and creams made my body feel loved and blissful! I never thought I'd say this, but I  love my job of healing!!

Oh ya, one last thing....you want to know how to get in touch with Llisa and her amazing, homemade body products?   Her website (not quite ready yet) is: www.Llisas.com (yes her name has two L's).  Her email: llisabengtson@yahoo.com and her phone number: 207-342-2211.  Good luck and may you find your new happy too!

PS If you have  product that you feel is green and safe for the environment that you would like me to try and evaluate objectively and review, feel free to contact me or send it along.

No comments:

Post a Comment