Sunday, October 18, 2009

All You Need is Love

Does anyone remember that song? The Beatles sang it and the lyrics are:

There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game.
It's easy.

Nothing you can make that can't be made.
No one you can save that can't be saved.
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time.
It's easy.

All you need is love.
All you need is love.

Those words just so make me feel good. It reminds me loud and clear that everything and anything is possible. The chant I seem to say and shout out to the world everyday. The Beatles really rock my soul in a way I have never known until the last few years.

Then I got this beautiful quote in my inbox from Esther & Jerry Hicks and Abraham:

Being in love is so good for you. Often when people are newly in love, things that have been bothering them for a long time get better. Something wonderful is calling the majority of their attention, so they're holding themselves in a better vibrational place, so the stuff they've been wanting all along can now zoom in.

I take all these little messages as signs for me to fall in love with love. Not just with someone in the romantic way, but in every way that love can be expressed or received. This may perhaps be one way we learn to open to receive love in our lives.

Last night I was heading out to meet up with girlfriends, but stopped at a store first. On my way from the store to the car, I saw a couple in the parking lot. The girlfriend ran to the boyfriend (assuming bf/gf could be husband/wife, but it doesn't really matter). It was a wonderful sight for me! It was like they hadn't seen each other in months, when it was probably a much shorter length of time. She jumped in his arms and he lifted her up and kissed her. How loving and welcoming! In the past, my first impression would have been a bit cynical; thinking about how I long for that and if I can't have it why should anyone have it or even worse I often ignored the sight of someone else being in love because it was too painful to see someone happy when I wasn't....but last night instead of wishing that were me...I looked at them thinking--look how the love they are sharing, that is what I want and that is what I will have.

How cool that my perception has changed to that! So I guess now I am thinking how can I feel more of that?? I felt love and it wasn't something I had to do...just something I got to feel. That will be my quest for next week to see love when it is there and to experience what it feels like over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment