Monday, October 26, 2015

OMG Vegan Ricotta Recipe

Hello Everyone,

Once again I am experiencing in my kitchen--it seems I always am.  I figured this is a worthy recipe to post to my blog.  When you have major food restrictions for health reset reasons, you have to experiment and believe me there are definitely fails.  Because of the fails and the not wanting to waste any money, I find that I make smaller versions of stuff for the first try out. I mean people, Macadamia nuts are not cheap! So alas here it is, my recipe for OMG Vegan Ricotta like my mom makes, except there is no dairy, no eggs, no sugar. Ok long title, but well worth it.By the way for those of you wondering about the sugar, us Italians--we tend to like sweet.  This can probably be used in a dairy free cannoli, perhaps?  That will be my next try, but for now I had a little eggplant and made a mini eggplant lasagna.  Yes, sorry I ate it so no pictures this time.  I am not so great at measurements as my natural cooking style is to try a little bit of this and little bit of that. :)  I am going to do my best here to give you an idea of what I did and seriously as good as the stuff my mom puts in her lasagna, stuffed pasta and more.   Here is the best way to describe what I did. If you put too much lemon in then counteract with more nuts or add a bit more Stevia.


OMG Vegan Ricotta just like my mom makes, except there's no dairy.

Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted Macadamia Nuts
1 1/2 small Lemons
1-2 Tblsp Nutritional Yeast
1/4 c. Water
Pinch to Taste of Parsley adds good color
Stevia I used  1 1/2 packets.  (if you are a person who eats sugar, by all means you can use sugar)
Pinch to Taste of Himalyan Pink Salt

Directions:
Food Process the nuts so they are not chunks, then add the remaining ingredients and Tada, you are done.  First, taste to make sure you like it.  Adjust any ingredients to your taste.  Next, use it in place of Ricotta Cheese in Recipes (leave out the parsley if you are doing a sweet dessert and throw a pinch of nutmeg in--my mom's secret!).  Finally, ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment